Summer is slowly coming to an end. As the nights slowly get cooler and the leaves begin to change, you think to yourself, is it really this time of year already?!? Is summer really almost over?? As you walk through the local stores, its back to school everywhere you look. But summer can’t be over yet, it just started. So, you call up a few of your closest friends and you begin to plan one more outing. Your friends suggest you start to plan a day trip to go tour a winery or local craft breweries. You happily agree and get started planning the perfect end of summer adventure. It’s always wise to make sure that everyone stays safe while having fun, so we’ve put together 5 key things to make sure that you and your friends are able to maximize a fun day trip and make sure that you get home safely afterwards.
- Plan your route: Winery and brewery tours can be a lot of fun, spending a lot of time in the car between destinations isn’t. Take a few minutes to determine the close proximity.
- Determine how you are getting around: The comfort of your own vehicle is the ultimate way to travel. You get to be your own DJ and have total control of the radio, you can bring snacks, bottles of water, etc. Just be sure to pre-book a designated driverif you’re only going to visit one or two spots. Or a personal chauffeurif you’re going to make a day of it.
- Vehicle Maintenance: If you’re going to be going a further distance to wineries or breweries in neighbouring cities, you’ll want to make sure that your engines fluids (oil, fuel, etc.) are topped up and that tire pressures and washer fluids are good. A good pre-plan can save a roadside adventure that no one wants to endure.
- Say Yes to Non-Alcoholic drinks:If you or one of your friends are going to drink for the first part of the day trip adventure, be sure to remain sober. Keys and Booze don’t mix ever. Make sure this trip has a happy end.
- Obey the Law: Enjoying wine or craft beer can be a really fun time. Picking up some products to enjoy later is almost inevitable. Just make sure that the bottles and cans stay closed until you are home, and not opened in the vehicle. Its always best to keep these secured in the vehicle’s trunk before proceeding to the next destination.
Following these few tips will help ensure you and your friends can make the most of these last weeks of Summer. Enjoy Responsibly.